Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What I'm reading or have read recently...

... too many things, which is why I'm still not done with Dorfman.

1. The first volume of Joseph Dorfman's The Economic Mind in American Civilization. The Constitution is in force and the Federalists are in power. This book has impacted my thinking on the history of economic thought, particularly as it related to American history, in much the same way that Drew McCoy's The Elusive Republic did: substantially. I'm a little concerned that when I'm done with this I'm just going to pick up the other two 500-page volumes and not get as much diversity in my intake.

2. Thorstein Veblen's "The Overproduction Fallacy"

3. Adolph Lowe's "Capital Formation and Economic Growth"

4. H.P. Lovecraft's "The Whisperer in Darkness"

5. Robert Higgs's "Regime Uncertainty: Why the Depression Lasted So Long and Why Prosperity Resumed After the War"

No comments:

Post a Comment

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.